Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMitel

Technical User
Oct 28, 2011
GB
Hi

We have a contact centre with 2 agent controllers (MCD 5.0 on ISS) and 4 trunking gateways (MXe controllers MCD 5.0)

Agents are required to display various CLIs on outbounds calls, is there a way of doing this?

Type 5 presentation has been enabled on the ISDN30 circuits, CPN substitution/associated directory number only shows 1 CLI per agent, giving the agents multiple logins in not an option, assigning a default CLI to each ISDN30 circuit and using an ARS prefix to route the call via these different circuits also isn't an option

Any ideas?

Thanks

Think you will be limited to a single CLi as its tied to extension or login profile.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Might you be able to use non-prime DNs on agent exts with CPN Substitution? It would require user training for different CLIs. I've not tried the details below yet, but let us know if the COS options change works for non-prime lines.

Here are the specifics from the Help Files:

To program DN-Based CPN Substitution

-In the Associated Directory Numbers form
-Enter the directory number on which to perform CPN substitution
-Set the Associated Type to CPN Substitution
-Enter the substitution number.

-In the Class of Service Options form

-Set Non-Prime Public Network Identity to 'Yes' to implement substitution on calls made from non-prime lines.

-In the ISDN Protocol form
-specify which number to use in CPN substitution for inbound PRI calls forwarded to the public network — the number of the calling party or the number of the forwarding station.

Note: These digits are sent whether the CO See Central Office or Telephone Exchange. allows them or not. It is the System Administrator's responsibility to ensure that the digits programmed in the Associated Digits field of the Associated Directory Numbers form are acceptable to the CO.

What criteria is used to make the decision on which CLI is sent?

boycey - the agents know that when calling particular customers they will need to display a certain CLI, we did think about setting a default CPN number on some of the bearers and routing calls to these circuits using ARS, the agent would just dial this ARS code before the number but the customer did not want this

gweetz - thanks for the suggestion, I will look into this and let you know the outcome

ok, So if the agents are the one who decide what CLI is to be sent then it must be a manual operation that does this.
What did they not like about using a different access code?

Boycey9 - Yep, this will be a manual operation. Some of the CLIs that need to be presented will only be needed on very few occasions, the customer did not want to set 30 channels to show one default number and only use the bearer maybe once or twice a week

How many different numbers are you talking about?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

15 is probably too many for what I was thinking

Realistically, IMO, 15 is probably too many for any solution that requires human input

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back