Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound CLI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
Hello,

I am trying to set it up so that a group of agents when calling out have our free phone number presented to the called party.
I have set up the public-unknown-numbering as below..
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len

4 2 14 0845121212 11

Trunk Group 14 is set to send the calling number.

When testing this the CLI that is shown is the main DDI number in our range instead of the 0845 - is there something I am missing? or is it not possible to send our free phone number?

Thanks

call the LEC or who every supplies you with trunk 14. They are inserting your main number for every call. Tell them that you would like to start doing this.

TykeUK,
I assume from the name and the the fact it's an 0845 number that your in the UK :p

First of all, I suspect that your public numbering is OK - looks fine to me, someone else may be able to improve on that.

The problem is that BT will only pass the the number presented by you switch if it is registered as on that circuit. You can set the default outbound number (i.e if no CLI is passed) to be the 0845 one or, I believe, you can ask for the 0845 number to be added to the list of allowable CLI's that the circuit will pass (but I've never done this one).

Either way you want to do it you'll have to speak to BT's Presentation Number Service Centre on 0800 328
8883. You may have to give them some documentary proof that the 0845 number belongs to you before they'll allow you to send it out on the network.

Cheers,

Virgil.

The possibility is that your not catching your Agent extension on your pub-unk-num form... if you dont define your agent ID extension range then it wont work, if no match is made then the default number is passed, hence the BTN(DDI ) #...

hth

BoBAz

BoBAz

8700/8500/8300/G350/Ip Office/SG203/SG5x//G3r/G3SI/Audix/ Manager/VMM/8500

Thanks everyone - our carrier is MCI so I will contact them and try to resolve this.

TykeUK.. what are the agent ID extension ranges ? 4 digits begining with a number 2 ?

BoBAz - that's right. I use the range 2000-2499.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back