Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound CID sending extension name over SIP trunks, but not PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

murpr

Technical User
Oct 28, 2021
US
I have been moving outbound calls from our PRI trunks to our SIP trunks. In doing this, I've had reports that our outbound caller ID is sending the name of the extension along with the phone number, which I do not want to happen. I'd like to have the outbound caller ID be either just our number which is programmed in the public unknown numbering table, or if it needs to send a name, send a generic name. I can see where this is managed in my PRI trunk with the "Send EMU Visitor CPN?" field set to "n", but I am not finding an equivalent in a SIP trunk form. Is there a way to have CM not send the name of the extension?

Ask telco to override the name or script it in the SBC

Use the public table to send the number you like.

When you say override the name, do you mean just changing the name of the station or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I'm all set with the public table, but I don't get into the SBC enough to know what I'm looking for as far as overriding the name.

you can control the outbound caller ID in the pub-unk table. See example below

pub_b9djle.jpg

trunk groups 5 and 6 are the TGs going to your SM.

you can use the traceSBC command in the SBC to check the caller ID.

@mjm23 I have the public table set and it is sending out the number I want, but it sounds like when calls are being sent out a SIP trunk, there is no way to block the name from being sent with it at the CM level. It's looking like kyle555 is correct that this needs to be scripted in the SBC, so I'm reading through some documents to see how to get that done.

I had this same problem. My agent names were being sent when dialing out. I didn't contact the carrier in this instance, but just changed the agent ID's to generic department names.

@Turtlepuke That is exactly what we are doing until we can get a permanent fix.

I had this issue at my last job and we had to modify the Invite headers for outbound calls. I think it was the P-Asserted Identity that we had to modify so that agent names stopped going out. We had Acme/Oracle SBCs so I don't know how to handle scripts on Avaya SBCs.

You could use an adaptation to insert 141 at the start of the digits this withholds the number (in the UK, don't know what the US codes is)

If you are in the UK and using Gamma you need them to enable privacy (free service) on the circuits otherwise they will ignore the withhold number request.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Thanks Dude. I'm in the US and the public table is doing what I need as far as changing the number (I don't need it masked), I just need the name to not be the agent. I'll keep that tip in my back pocket though, it could come in handy.

Ah in that case, as above, you can use a sigma script on the SBCe to remove the display name, I've never used this one so try it in test first:

within session "INVITE"
{
act on request where %DIRECTION="OUTBOUND" and %ENTRY_POINT="POST_ROUTING"
{
remove(%HEADERS["From"][1].DISPLAY_NAME);
remove(%HEADERS["Contact"][1].DISPLAY_NAME);
remove(%HEADERS["P-Asserted-Identity"][1].DISPLAY_NAME);
}
}

This pdf contains a load of great info about sigma scripting:

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Thanks biglebowski. I don't have much/any experience scripting for my SBC, but that is the exact script I found from that same site. (I'm going to have to send John Waber a thank you!) I sent the script over to my BP to review/assist. It looks like there are a couple places I can put the script (server flow or server configuration), but since it looks like this would be the only script on my SBC, it doesn't matter which spot I put it in.

We ended up implementing the script with a minor change. Instead of "within session "INVITE", it is "within session "all". It was added to the advanced tab of the server configuration for the profile between the session manager and the CM. It is working as intended and our extension names are no longer being sent out to the carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back