Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound caller id

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneuser72

Technical User
Jan 15, 2006
I am having trouble with changing outbound the caller id for users. the short code is [9]N; Nsi7810000000 dial 1 this goes out over the pri with the main number. If i use code 9N the forwarding will show the correct number when the did is called but the user can not dial out. it is a 406 v2 3.2.69 as a software load. any id would be great

Chris

try short code
------------------------------
9N;
Dial
50: Main
And use your ARS table
0N; 0NSi7810000000 Dial 3K1
1N; 1NSi7810000000 Dial 3K1
XN; NSi7810000000 Dial 3K1
XXXXXXXXXXN; NSi7810000000 Dial 3K1

keep in mind that this is very providor reliant - some providors do not allow the injection of a Caller ID

The reason for that is that the provider needs to see a valid DID as the ID being sent as verification of a valid call and to disallow spoofed numbers.

All valid DID numbers have to be in the providers tables. Sometimes only BTN is built as a valid number to send and any other calls with any other number or no number is rejected.

Sometimes S+Number is all you need. Sometimes you nees SI+Number. Depends on what your provider expects to see.

I understand that you would think that the providor would check for spoofed numbers - but I am sure that there are a few that do not check for a spoofed number. I know this from live systems I have running in the field. But as I stated before this feature being able to inject a caller ID string, is very providor specific, perhaps then that some providors will alow any injection when others will only allow DID that you own, and some others will just do what they want.

Shouldn't be long before all US carriers are required to send authentic numbers. Not all do but most currently behave in this manner. Don't know where you are from.

BTW ARS was not available until 4.0. Your example will not work for his 3.2.69 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back