Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpethBWP

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
I have a ISDN\PRI circuit that handles outbound calling.
On this circuit the customer wants no CLID info displayed, basically they want it to say Unknown.

This is on an Opt 11c.

I cleared out the CLID table then in talking to the carrier they keep telling me i need to mark calls as private.

The other interesting thing is the number that is being sent is not a number of ours as far as I can tell..

any suggestions?

best bet is to trak the call to see what your sending and what the carrier is adding... to mark it as pvt, change call type in the rlb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you cleared out the CLID Table, then you are sending nothing and the local carrier is tagging a caller ID number onto your calls.

You can also contact ur ILEC or CLEC and request no CLID information to be provided.

Call the number thats being sent and see what happens.Second,give the carrier the number that is being sent and ask them to verify it.But remember,a carrier will assign billing number to a CLID,or also known as a BTN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back