Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID, user specific, fast busy? PRI, 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team503

MIS
May 28, 2009
US
I have an install in which I use a system short code to specify outbound caller ID:

SC: 9N
TN: Ns5125551000
F: Dial

Which works fine. However, when I specify short codes for users like such:

SC: 9N
TN: Ns5125551001
F: Dial

The user gets a solid busy when they press 9. Where am I going wrong here? I have disabled the short codes for now, but would like to reinstate them.

IPOffice 500, 5.0 Software, PRI, provider is Time Warner Telecom.

Global short code:

c; 9N
f; Dial
tn; Ns5125551000
lgid; 50: Main
loc; [blank]
fac; [blank]

User short codes are now deleted, but I'm thinking, now that I see the default is 0, that perhaps they were set to 0 since I don't remember setting anything differently. I assume that would cause the issue?

Do you have a shortcode in your ARS with a TN that also is trying to send a number ?

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

try to put a ; behind the 9N sometimes it needs that.
But you know that this shortcode will enable them to dial whatever they want 900 numbers included.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

For these particular users, it doesn't matter.

Do you have a shortcode in your ARS with a TN that also is trying to send a number ?

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back