Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Caller ID to be used for PRI line

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsv23

Systems Engineer
Feb 13, 2019
PH
Dear Guys,

We have PRI line and our users want to use their DID number to appear to other party when they call external number.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

If you have a ICR built for each DID and if they outbound line group in the ARS table matches the outbound group on the PRI then the system should inherently display caller ID for each extension when calling out. This is assuming the provider is allowing sending of these DID's and not just the BTN. Also given that there are no other user short codes overriding it. *Note- you mean need to use NSi in the telephone number field in the ARS short codes.

IPO AIPS/ACSS/APDS Certified - Field Systems Engineer

Usually you use something like NSixxxxxxE in your short codes telephone number field. Possibly without the i depending on your provider. Depending on the country where you are you need to adjust the PRI line settings and the provider must allow to send the DID.

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Thanks guys, Will contact the provider to check DID setup.

The provider confirmed they have allowed to send DID.

I can see from the incoming call route, the last 4 digit number of DID is different from extension number. For example: the DID is 048881234 and the destination is set to extension number which is 2015.

Is this will prevent the caller ID to show correctly?

if you do not have an overwriting setup in the ARS that sends another number then this will be shown.

If you have multiple DID's however it will show (I think) the lowest number

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Pleas check the ISDN L1/L2/L3 traces in Monitor. There you will se what is sent and ask the carrier what‘s wrong. As soon as you know that you can check you short codes to adjust the number to send to fit to the provider‘s needs.

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back