Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound caller ID issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero64881

Technical User
Jan 14, 2013
US
Hello everyone! I'm very new in this field, and I would love some help. I apologize if I misword anything.
Here's my problem:
Whenever anyone dials out, they press 9 then the number. If they dial a local number, XXX-XXXX, the caller id on the receiving end will show up as an unknown number. When they dial a long distance number the caller ID shows up as (360) 457-8920, which does not belong to us. When someone calls that number back it goes to Clallam County worksource, some city number. I don't know much about CLID other than what I've read on the document NN48500-515 and the actual tech pub it referenced. Anyways, when I checked the CLID table, there was no entry 0 and all DN's were using entry 0 for the CLID. I created an entry 0 identical to the existing entry 1, but that did not resolve the issue. I also changed one of the phones in our shop to use entry 1, and that did nothing either. Everything else looked fine. I appreciate your help!

I would call the people you get your phone lines (trunks) from and ask them. You can get all involved in CLID, but you need to make sure you know what your own number is and why nobody ever sees it.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thank you so much for the quick response. Really appreciate it. I will eventually call them, however we have a person we have to call prior to calling anyone else, and she strongly recommended I ensure there is nothing wrong with our programming. As far as I know, this has been an issue for a long time. It's not the only Caller ID issue we have though. With the exception of internal calls, incoming calls don't show caller ID. All it shows is a four digit number followed by a two numbers (e.g. 3004-23). Thanks again for your help. Sorry if I sound completely new to this, Ha, I am new.

It does not sound like you have PRI lines, and if that is the case, you cannot control your own CLID

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Your incoming calls I would suggest are just showing the Route ACOD (AccessCode) '3004' and Channel/Member '23'

Cheers!!

Since you are not getting incoming CLID, most likely you are not sending CLID either. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Calls are not placed over a PRI
No CLID pass thru agreement with your telco provider
CLID sent is invalid (since you are not recieving CLID I dought this is cause)

You guys are awesome, thanks for the quick responses. I'm being told that calls are placed over PRI lines. Also that this issue started about a year and a half ago when contractors upgraded the system. Hasn't been right since (why it hasn't been fixed, I don't know, I reported here last month...). Thanks again for all of your help everyone!

If PRI - Turn on DCH messages.
On the outbound setup message you will see any outbound CLID you are sending. If it does not match what called party is seeing, talk to telco.
On inbound setup message, if telco is sending you CLID you will see it. If they are not, again - call your telco provider.

if you need further help, copy past DCH messages

Here is the most basic CLID table 0. Put your area code (HNTN) and main number (HLCL) in CLID 0 and make sure all the other settings are the same as in this example. The number example I used is some recorded dating line... to preserve privacy of course.

[tt]
ENTRY 0
HNTN 702
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 9325388
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT
[/tt]

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

GHTROUT- I've made an Entry 0 identical to that (with my numbers of course) and still nothing. I'm not sure if this may have anything to do with anything, but I've printed everything out in LD's 86, 87 & 90... nothing looks wrong (of course, it very well might be since I'm new, but from the extensive headache inducing reading I've been doing, it looks correct...)

Reusser- Honestly, I'm not sure what you're suggesting. I tried reading about what DCH was, but I don't think I fully understood what it was. Sorry, like I've mentioned, I'm very very new to this.

I checked and yes, we are using PRIs.

Once again, thanks so much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back