Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound caller ID Avaya Definity G3r V11 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassDeployer

Programmer
Mar 29, 2006
US
Currently out outbound caller ID shows the same number for every extension calling out. How do we allow the true DID to show for each extension? Manny Thanks

Kind Regards,

MassDeployer

Use public unknown numbering page. See Below

Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len
5 71234 222555 10

If you want all trunks to send out the DID leave it blank. If you want all ext's to send Again leave it blank. CPN prefix in the NPA/NXX to precede the did extension.

Also ensure that the Carrier is not blocking it.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi
you need to access you outgoing trunk and on page 3 you need to change the Send Calling Number to yes.

Hope it works for you.

Beshkey

ISDN public is Blank and the Send Calling Number is set to yes> I get a diffeent caller ID but not the DID of that outcalling number. AT&T says it's not them. Any other ideas?

Kind Regards,

MassDeployer

like 1a22ip stated,, you need to use public unknow numbering...

Code:
 display public-unknown-numbering 1                              Page   1 of   2
                      NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
                                   Total                                   Total
Ext Ext    Trk       CPN            CPN Ext Ext    Trk       CPN            CPN
Len Code   Grp(s)    Prefix         Len Len Code   Grp(s)    Prefix         Len

4 5       2         4135551234      10
 4 5       3         4135551234      10
 4 5       99                        4
 4 5835    2         4135552222      10
 4 5835    3         4135552222      10

so in the above example,, all calls from an extension begining with 5 (all of our users) for all calls going out on trunks 2 and 3 would display 4135551234, but the specifi user at ext 5835 would display 4135552222

all users going to voicemail, trunk 99, would just disply their 4 digit extension to get to their mailbox...

So if I want every extension's outbound caller ID to show it's true DID I have to enter it here for each one individually?

Kind Regards,

MassDeployer

Nope, very simple, modifying Zen216's example:

display public-unknown-numbering 1 Page 1 of 2
NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
Total Total
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len

4 5 2 413555 10
4 5 99 4

Now every DID beginning with "5" (like 5123, etc) will get sent as: 4135555XXX, or in this case 4135555123

OK?

Mitch

NB in older systems use the "change isdn public-unknown-numbering" command.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back