Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound call routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icartmanxx

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
CA
thread690-1604199

I believe I have a link to my original posting above. Basically we have installed a new card in our Definity G3 switch which is connected to 3 MagicJack devices. I set up different trunk groups and route patterns so that all LD calls are routed through the MJ lines first, then directed to our PRI should all 3 MJ's be busy.

All works great...but now a problem. MJ cut off one of our lines as we "abused" their system and made too many calls in one day (more than 50).

My question...can we modify our system so that instead of grabbing line 1 in the trunk group it randomly grabs one of the three lines available, each time a call is made. This would ensure line 1 isn't taking the brunt of the calls and would hopefully keep us from being banished again.

I don't spend a lot of time on Definity programming and know the basics. Any feedback which could point me in the right direction would be appreciated!

You should be able to set the Trunk Hunt for the MJ lines to Cyclical (first page of the trunk programming). Of course I am taking it for granted that the three MJ lines are in the same trunk-group.

On page one I see an option labelled as "Cyclical Hunt". It mentions in the manual that if I enable this the switch will start its search from the last trunk seized. I guess it isn't truly as random as I had hoped, but I guess it's better than nothing. My concern is still that line 1 will take the brunt of the calls as their may only be one long distance call at any given time.

I guess I'll make this programming change, and move the MJ devices between PC's every few days.

cyclical will evenly distribute trunk traffic, where ascend / descend will start at the bottom / top of the trunk-group member number order using the first idle.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back