Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Call Appearance 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

campyracr

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
US
My company recently split from another. The other company was using several lines for a customer, as we've split they added those lines to our outbound group.

However, calls comming from that group appear with the old customer name rather than the current business name on caller ID.

e.g calls from Company X appear as if it were from "Bob's used tires inc" on a caller ID enabled phone.

How do I change that?

Two ways to go here. First look at the trunk names in your switch. Second call the provider and ask what they are sending. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

OK, I looked at the trunk names & groups. On page 4 of the disp tru <#> ther is a member listing however it isn't clear what each member is. It shows:
port code sfx name night mode type ans del

The name is typically a phone number rather than &quot;Bob's Used tires&quot;.

Option 2? I'm not sure I understand.

Call the phone conpany to see if they are sending the name.
The name of the trunk in your switch is found on the first page. On page 4 that is for your internal use only. I have seen people type in notes under the name spot to help them ID the trunk. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

You could check if there is a Listed-Directory-Number, a VDN or a fake-station in your company's Definity with the alleged main-number and name for 'Bob's burned rubber'. :)
Let me know what you came up with and we'll have a further look.
Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

I did some poking around.
MCopini - how do I find that, li dir num?

Phoneman2 - I asked a vendor who said likely it's a carrier level ANI, and the change would need to occur there. If that is the case, how does the carrier know which calls to put the Bob's tires ANI on and which ones to use the company X ANI? Is there some sort of DNIS for local numbers?

A listed-directory-number is an extension wich will route to the attendant and can be given an name like: 'Bob's Tires' ;-)
Just do a cha listed and check. Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Please master do tell more of this 'Change listed' option, it is new to me. If you would like I am happy to start a new Forum on this topic. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Master Maarten,

I tried the cha list, and disp list afterwards. It appears this would be for internal calls only, at least from what I can tell.

There was only one refernce in my system for an operator's extension via VDN.

I think I need to contact the carrier.

humbly CR

Listed Directory Numbers allows Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers to be treated as public Listed Directory Numbers (LDNs).
When one of these numbers is direct inward dialed, the calling party is routed to the attendant.
The attendant display indicates a Listed Directory Number call and the name associated with the dialed extension.

If the name you see &quot;Bob's used tires inc&quot; is not
on the listed directory number field it must be an other extension like a VDN or (fake)Station.

Greets, Bob

Thanks Bob,
'Master Maarten' had a late start today, so you beat me to it! ;-)
Mr.Fox is terribly right on the LDN subject and Phoneman, if you need more info than given in the above, please gimme a call.
Greetz,

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back