Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound Answered ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMyWallet

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
We have a split centre (inbound / outbound) . The reporting works fine for inbound, however I need to get the number of connections for the outbound attempts.

Is this possible as our solution only gives the number of attempts?

We use v.5

Many thanks

Phil

Look at the Agent DN Performance Report, this will give you the total number of DN calls received and made...if the agents are actually making the calls...or use the Agent Performance Report, this will show you Xfer, DN in/out...etc. If the script is do the dialing via a ROUTE CALL command, look at the CDN Statistic Report and see how many Terminated.

I have looked on the agent performance table. The Stat DNOutExtCalls is the number of attempts. Which one in number answered?

Cheers

Phil

Symposium doesn't care about calls outside of its influence, in this instance...DN calls. It will tell you how many attempts were made by your agents on the DN key, but what happens after that...

There no way you're going to get a report from the PBX or the Symposium that say how many calls were answered.

There are Predictive Dialers out there that'll do that for you, maybe someone else in this forum can shed a better light on the Predictive Dialer for you...

You could also look at CDR or Call Accounting reports in connection with the Symposium reports. CC6 does have an outbound module that will be released, but I am not sure of its reporting capabilities.

The real time displays each time a DN out call is active. Why can't the historical reports reflect this?

Phil

what is the purpose of SCCS? inbound call center; making calls out by an agent on a DN could mean calling another agent, calling his/her spouse, etc.

It only tells you what has happened; not how long it takes for the call. It owns the INCALLS KEY and that's all it is intended to watch & report on.

You could do a Call by Call report for each hour of the day.
Fiddly, but it'll tell you the duration someone was on an outbound call for.
Whether that was to voicemail or a person, the report can't determine.

If you're wanting to expand the time for reporting, and possibly filter out some of the inbound DN calls, you'd need to try your hand at Crystal Reports.

Good judgement comes from experience, which usually comes from bad judgement..

Phil,

You may want to do some testing yourself with the Agent DN performance report. (Make some test calls -- ensuring some make connections & some are RNA).

From my previous experience, even though the data dictionary shows that it is the total number of times the DN button is pressed (for DNOutExtCalls), it has been my experience, that it only pegs when the call has been answered on the far end, not in RNA situations. We have had agents here keep talleys of their phone calls out and talleys of how many were RNA. The number of calls that were pegged in SCCS were the number of calls minus the RNA calls.

Getting stats from Symposium for your outbound campaigns is a managers nightmare and in reality cannot be trusted as relevent. How can you tell if its a customer call or a call to the agents' granny down the street!!!.

SimpleDial is a Nortel certified solution with blending capability. Not an expensive solution for the agent productivity and management control it brings to the table.

Expect to pay about 30K for 50 agent outbound .

Good luck

I had a situation not all that different from yours. They wanted to know how many outbound contacts an agent had made via the dialer.
Yes, Symposium is an inbound solution, so I simply made it look like it was an inbound call.
The dialer looks at agents logged into an ACD a places calls based on various factors like # of Agents, avg. talk time, etc. The dialer then knows that it needs to dial so many calls (with an expected failure rate) to get a live person on the other end to send to an agent.
I simply fooled my dialer into sending the call to a Symposium controled CDN rather than straight to the ACD. At the CDN, I then skillset route the call to an agent in the dialer's ACD. This way the call looks like it was generated and delivered by the dialer, to the dialer. Yet, it looks like an inbound call routed to an agent to the Symposium. The agent's stats only show contacts that were generated by the dialer.

So would this solution work without a dialler If so, how?

Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back