Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound addressing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiardinaK

MIS
Jan 14, 2003
US
I have re-created a GW6 post office after a server crashed. Internet addressing rules have been added, and users are able to reply to internet messages, but can only create new messages by addressing as GWIA:"internetaddress". System settings are set to userID@internet_domain_name. I am not allowed the option to override post office/domain options, which are set to userID.post_office.domain@internet_domain_name. Do I have these backwards?
Thanks for any help,
Kim

You don't need internet addressing rules with version 6

This TID will help you to remove the Internet addressing rules. It was written for 5.5, but should still apply to your situation. As the TID showes, there are side affects in doing this change.

Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
[rofl]

Thanks for the assistance. Fortunately, I was able to go in behind the installation and tweak a couple of settings, which returned my functionality. Under Groupwise tools, system operations, internet addressing, my domain had not been added to the domain list.
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back