Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outbound 911 troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tstelecom

Technical User
Jun 29, 2009
US
Ok here is my scenario. I have an Sv7000 with IP phones connected to an MG PRI located in a data center. I have 3 seperate sites located throughout the City. One site has local copper trunks in route 20 another location does not have local copper trunks and the third has a seperate MGPRI located at its location. My dilemma is this By using MA-ID codes i can assign an MA-ID to a certain set of phones but in AFRSL i can only assign the one MA-ID code how can i get each site to send out its own number so 911 knows what site is having the issue?

Ok i realize i missed a few things such as i am not allowed to send out individual DID numbers via ACND and ACNP evrything going out the MG PRI's associated have
(xxx)-xxx-71xx~77xx asscociated. so i was looking at MA-ID codes to be able to attach to specific numbers such as 75xx goes out rout 20 but 77xx goes out route 30 and so on this way 911 calls go out local copper trunks and therefore have the Local address associated. I found that you can assign different MA-ID codes in AFRSL thus allowing for a specific call to be routed to a specific route via AOPRL. I am mainly looking for clarification on MA-ID codes because the documentation in the manuals is horrible I know AMAA assigns stations to the MA-ID AFRSL Assigns the MAID to an OPR and the OPR sends the call out a specific trunk is this correct

Is it me being stupid or is this a case of overcomplicating things? Why not just tennant the system and route calls via tennancy?

TY Ozzie but I found a different way to do it and i hope this helps someone else. What i did was strip 2 channels from the PRI for two of the locations so 4 channels total. There are 4 PRI's total so i will not hurt trunking and used MA-ID codes to send them out seperate OPR tables IE MA-ID 0000= OPR 911 and 0002 = OPR 910. I also found out that telco was tagging the PRI so I asked them to set up PRI as Unknown. I then set up ACNPN for the two new routes and ACNDN to send out the specific DID while a normal call will send out the Main Number out the normal OPR tables. Problem solved since two locations have last 7 digits similar it was easier to do this than to tenant out the switch IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back