Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

highway54

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
PH
Hi!!! Can anyone help me how to solve this one. Im new with linux,and im willing to learn how linux work. In doing this learning i have a copy of linux Redhat 9 and im trying to install it into my machine. But my problem is i can't get thru on the installation i always get this error message "Out of range" V:58 H:28 . The scenario is this after probing all the device like my mouse, monitor. After probing my monitor brand name suddenly the error messge comes out. I try to also doing the noprobe command,textmode command on installation mode but the error message is always their. It will a great help for me who any one can give me a idea on this and pursue my learning in linux.

Sounds like the install program is trying to place a window of some sort on your screen, but the x:y values are 'out of range' (too high probably, 58 is big for console). Long shot, but if you can, try specifying a really low resolution for your monitor, or even skip the X configuration (do it later after installation is complete with 'Xconfigurator').

--
JR

I think those are sync rates. If you know what they are for your monitor (sometime they're on the tag in back of the monitor), I think there's an option for entering them yourself.

Go through the installation in non-graphic mode and install the os. You can set the H-sync and V-sync after the install is complete.

I don't know from where you got your install CDs, but if you downloaded ISO files from somewhere and burned the CDs yourself, I recommend that you check all the CDs with the install media check app that comes on the first RH CD.

I don't know if this will help your problem, but I've found it helpful to stay in the habit of performing the checks.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back