Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of office 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

theevilone

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2001
GB
I am using Outlook 2000. I can find no way of turning on the "out of office assistant". I would appreciate any help in doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Go to Tools, Out of Office Assistant and then select the radio button that says I am Currently out of the office.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks for the reply, but i cannot see the Out of Office assistant under tools, as i would have expected it to appear. Any ideas why this is so.

Not sure, maybe it wasn't installed when loading Outlook onto your PC. Did you install it yourself?

No, it is a friend's PC and came pre-installed by the vendor.

Is your friends PC on a network? I have outlook 2000 at home where I am not on a network, but I can't remember whether I have the out of office assistant installed or not. Do you have the Office 2000 CD at all? The only way I could think of installing it would be to go to Help, in the Answer Wizard do a search for "out of office". The first reply you should get is Use Rules in Out of Office Assistant. If you try and click on any of the subjects, you may get the message saying the service is not installed, would you like to install it from disk. Hopefully you can then load it from the CD.

Thanks for the reply. In the help section, i found no reference to "out of office" at all. I found this surprising, and leads me to believe what you said that it has not been installed, when office was installed. He cant find the Office CD that should have been supplied. Either that, or he has lost it.

The only thing I can think of is to go to Microsoft's website and see if you can download the required application from there.

Tried that, but no luck. If you do know of any location, i would appreciate it, if you let me know. Thanks.

Hello theevilone,

I think this featcher is not accessible when you don't connect to an exchange server (ex. using pop3) the only way to bypass this problem is by creating somekind of rule in outlook, otherwise you have to configure this in your webmail if your ISP is supporting this...

This is the only solution I kan think of..

Grz Bart

The Out of Office Assistant is only available in Corporate/Workgroup Mode.

If you are running Outlook in C/W mode, but the Out of Office Assistant is still missing, here is what to do.

First of all, make sure that the Out of Office Assistant add-on is installed. To do this, select Tools > Options. Click the Other tab, click the Advanced button and then the Add-In Manager. If Exchange Extensions Command is listed, tick the nox in front of it. If it's not listed, click Install. Locate Emsuix.ecf, click OK until you're back at the main Outlook screen. Restart Outlook - you should now be able to see the Out of Office Assistant.

If Out of Office Assistant refuses to install you will need to edit the registry:
Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/EXCHANGE/CLIENT/EXTENSIONS. Go to the Edit menu and select Add Value.

Value Name: Exchange Extensions
Data Type: REG_SZ
Value: 4.0;emsuix32.dll;7;011111111111110;1111011100

You're best off doing a copy > paste of the value...

Anyway, hope that helps,

Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back