Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Office settings cannot be displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zibeck

Technical User
Oct 6, 2008
NL
Hi,

Some of our users are having the following problem in outlook (Vista clients, outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007):

Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.

When they try to set their Out of Office assistant using Outlook Web Access, it works just fine.

The options as shown in the following link are checked and are not the problem:

Looks like it is a problem in the users profile on the desktop. Deleting the OST file or deleting the users profile does not help unfortunately. Is the users logs on to another computer outlook works fine.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Ziggy

When they try to set their Out of Office assistant using Outlook Web Access, it works just fine.

First of all I will ask if you also experience issues with Scheduling Assistant and Offline Address Book (OAB) downloads as well. If your answer is "yes", then I will recommend running the following command at the Exchange Shell (powershelll):

test-outlookwebservices |fl

If this message also causes errors, you might want to take a look at the following blog post:

Let me know if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back