Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of office reply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua1

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
I have a user that did set up her out of office then diabled it , when someone sends her an email the sender still gets out of office reply I did double check and it set at " i am currently in the office" any thoughts?

Check the Rules Wizard, she may have set up a rule that sends a message on receipt of emails. Otherwise, there's probably a corruption somewhere, try recreating her mail profile.

Who's that girl! :)

I checked their is nothing that is set up as a rule, and yes I recreated her profile.

Thats extremely weird. Change (or blank out)the content of the Out of Office and just to see if you get the new Out of Office message when someone sends her a mail.

Ensure she hasnt left herself logged on elsewhere as well, where she selected to leave the Out of Office switched on.

PS
Bear in mind there are 'rules' on the 'out of office' and then separately there is the 'rule wizard' as well.

Their is no content, it is blank.
She is not logged in anywhere else.
Yes their are no rules to see ( because the check mark is their to see any rules)I am lost I just sent her a test email and I recieved a out of office response.

I know these sound trivial but ensure you havent got 2 users with similar names and you are sending to the right mailbox, because if her out of office is blank then it looks like the non blank out of office message you are receiving is being generated by a different mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back