Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Office replays not working AT ALL(inside our out)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orie

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
For some reason, the default "Out of office" reply doesn't work at ALL. If you manually add a rule in the out of office assistant, and set a form reply, it works. However, the basic "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text:" does not. Setting it up via webmail does not work either.

Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT 4 sp 6a.

Thanks!

I don't have an exchange box in front of me, so can't be exact, but I think you can disable autoresponses/assistants at the server.

So even if you set this function on Outlook, it won't work.

Suggest have a look at the server config.

At least as far as the internet recipients go, you need to uncheck the box that disables outbound "out of office" replies. Find this in the general tab of internet mail service and click on the advanced button. By default this box is checked. Hope it helps.

Sorry, forgot to mention that the above solution pertains to the exchange server. Get there through the Exchange admin utility.

hello,
I too have the same issue, no out of office assistant responses to either internal or external (internet mail).

I am aware of the switches to flip on in the internet mail connector settings. These are currently wide open, but neither internal or external mail replies.

Also related to this problem, no server type rules function either.

Can you be more specific what setttings need to flipped on either the exchange server or the msoutlook client?
thanks,
howie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back