Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Office Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHodgins

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2001
US
I have a rule (server based) that automatically deletes certain incoming emails that have been flagged as spam by a spam gateway appliance. In that rule, "Stop Processing Rules" is turned on as well. If I turn on my out of office alert using Outlook 2003, the Out of Office alert seems to run last and sends an out of office alert to those spam messages that were deleted by a prior rule. According to Microsoft considered it a bug when the Out of Office Alert did not go out when an earlier rule has the "Stop Processing Rules" checkbox turned on. It seems Microsoft has it backwards; that should be the desired behavior, not the other way around. So, is there any way to disable the processing of the Out of Office alert when an earlier rule is run? Thanks.

Not that I'm aware of. That's one of the MANY reasons why OUT OF OFFICE is a bad idea, and should be disabled. It just promotes spam.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Just disabled Out Of Office for external emails.

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back