Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

out of office not sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokkie

Technical User
May 28, 2002
US
All,

On our NT4sp6 exchange5.5sp4 server, I have two users (of 450) whose "out of office reply" will not send. I can activate it by outlook2000 or OWA, but in both cases it accepts it but does not send the reply.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bokkie

Are the Out Of Office replies being sent internally or externally. What I mean is, is someone else in your company trying to get a reply, or is it an external/internet email address that is not getting the out of office reply? ________________________________________

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

I have tried to get a reply from an internal and an external mailaddress both with the same result...nothing!

When opening outlook2000 it states: OOO is currently on would you like to turn it of.

On the MS site the only problem they handled had to do with alternate recipients, but this option is not activated for both users.....

You'll need to check their NT4 profiles as well as Outlook profiles. Reset both and check again. If the pst's are server based (as in on a HOME server) delete their current outlook profile and re-create it. Also check the Tools/Options/Advanced in IE. Once had the same which seemed to work when I hit the Restore Defaults button on this tab. (I never had a registry monitor so couldn't see what changed though)

Hope this helps

As previously mentioned the Clean Sweep tool will fix this (however the URL I posted was not in the correct format). This is one of the items the tool was designed to fix.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back