Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of office error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hometime

MIS
Aug 26, 2003
GB
I have one user who’s out of office rule doesn’t work. We have set it on the client and it recognises it is set. i.e. it asks you when you start outlook if you wish to turn it off. The problem only affects one user, and I’ve tried creating a new profile on another machine but it still doesn’t work. Is there somewhere in the exchange mailbox that I should look?

Server NT4sp6a Exchange 5.5 sp4, client NT 4 NT4 sp6a and outlook 2000.

thanks.

Have tried looking for a solution myself, never found one. The only solution i found was to re-create the mailbox. That works every time.

If you find a "proper" solution please post here so i know for next time!

Hope you get the issue resolved soon.

JonLP

I have found no solution other than recreating the mailbox either, unfortunately.

If you have 2 mail servers, you can try moving the mailbox to another mail server. That will refresh the mailbox.

Thanks for the suggestions. I only have 1 server so resorted to recreating the mailbox, which did fix the problem.

When recreating the mailbox, can you import their "stuff" from the old profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back