Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

out of office didn't email me when i got back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
Has anyone seen where the out of office didn't email the person when they logged on, showing all the people that emailed them?

I received mail but I didn't get an email. Do I need to update my views or play aound with the ini file?? I'm pretty sure I set the out of office. Thanks!!!

Notes 5.07

[elephant2]

The very same thing happened to me, and my colleague Dick. I like the idea, but wonder if someone got the i-Notes serv er settings wrong.

Most of the time when I see problems with the Out Of Office agent it's because it's set to run on the wrong server, or on Local. When a user opens up the agent for the first time he/she is prompted for the server it should run on. Most folks accept the default (Local) which is incorrect. It should be set to run on the server where your email database resides. You may need to have your Notes admin check your agent for you and reset the server.

DDickey

DDickey,

Oh, ok. Well, we are on notes 5.07. I don't think it asks for what server, but I do remember the past version did. So you think the agent may need to be reset? Why would it change? Thanks.

DDicky,

I am using Notes 4.6 when I returned to the office it did not send me any message and I forgot to cancel it. I tried today after reading your message but it does not prompt me for server name.

Thanks

Saqi

To check your agent in 4.x, click on the Agents view of your email db. To check your agent in R5, open up your email db in Designer and go to Agents.

Look for the ProcessOutOfOffice agent. (If it's checked, it's turned on, meaning you haven't disabled it yet. Some folks inadvertently turn it on when they mean to turn it off, and vice versa. I've seen that happen a few times.) Open up the agent. Click the Schedule button to the far right of the "When should this agent run..." field. Look towards the bottom of the popup window for the "Run only on..." field. Make sure the server where your email db resides is selected.

In R5 it may be set to All Servers, which is okay. In 4.x it may be set to *, which is the same thing. If you're not sure, it's probably best to select a specific server by name.

DDickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back