Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out Of Office Autoreply - sent only once and no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

bence8810

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2005
AE
Dear All,

I have a strange problem with one of our Exchange servers. If a user sets up Out of office autoreply, it will be sent out only once, and never again, until out of office is re-applied from Outlook.

Usually, these autoreplies are sent out once per 24 hours I think, but for this server, its not the case.

I am unable to find any settings which may relate to this. Maybe there is a problem with the server? What clears this out of office flag daily?

Thanks for any help,

Ben

You're mistaken; out of the box, an OOF message is sent to each unique sender once per OOF session. This is by design (support.microsoft.com/kb/157961).

It is 'reset' by turning off the OOF setting on the mailbox.

It is possible to implement other types of OOF response using the OOF rules that are also availbale on the OOF options window.

Maybe you're using the third-party product 'OOF-Reset'?

Hi

I might be losing my mind then, but I thought it was once per day. Or was it back with Exchange 2000? I am unsure anymore.

So this is not an unexpected behaviour? I was under the impression this needs to be sent once a day.

I will do some more tests then, thanks anyways.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back