Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Office Assistant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacq5227

Instructor
May 14, 2001
GB
How do you set up the out of office assistant on the Clients of Lotus Notes R5? Do you have to add the settings to the server on the first install? We have set up a basic Domino Server with 8 clients, tried to set up the out of office assistant but it does not work!! Help!!

Hi,
first you should check if the Users have the rigth to run Agetns. Therefor look into your server-document under security, there is a field "personal agents allowed". Empty means everybody is allowed. The enter you mail database, enter tools - Out of Office and enter the dates and notes you need. In 4.x I remember that there was a question to run it on server or local, if you get it always choose server, but I never seen this in R5. After you activated it, the standard setting is that Notes will check now every night at 1.00am if there is new mail for this user. So if you are testing it right now, you might have to wait until tomorrow to get the mail. You can change this if you go via view - agents - Out of Office Agent and change the field "when shall the agent be executed" from daily to "when new mail arrives". Then the Out of Office-Mail will be sent immidiatly.
Hope that helps. Have fun
Oliver

If you think you have tried everything to try to overcome this OOO agents issue and still doesn't work try the following technote (and related technotes) on the lotus notes support site: 1387321. Do a search on the number.

Basically I have spend the last 3 months trying to resolve OOO agent to only find out that the root of the problem was a TCP DNS related problem. Yes oddly enough!!!! I couln't believe that this problem will relate with an agent being able to run.

It all depends of the messages you get on the agent logs. If the messages are something similar to server not responding etc, then take a look at this tech notes.

I have been having this problem for the last two months with three of my users. At first I though the Agent was corrupt so replaced it, however, the problem stemmed to the option "Disable background agents for this database" which was enabled on their mailfile properties. I could kick myself!

Lamaar75@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back