Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of Memory!? No way! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

orman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2001
US
Suddenly we had a couple small databases on different machines come up with 'Out of memory...close all other applications to free memory' message when trying to bring up reports. This happens in NorthWind DB also. There is plenty of memory - enough to open 3 or 4 of these databases.(Resourse meter shows over 80% free resources) When clicking "OK" to this message, the report is blank. But when you "Publish to Word" most of the data is exported to Word. Tried reinstalling Office, but that did not work. Any ideas on what might be going would be appreciated.

Hi Orman,

This is a common access fault, The best way to get around this is to create a new database and import all the objects from your existing project.

I'm not sure if there is better way of fixing this problem
but it has worked for me on more that one occasion.

Peps
++

Peps,
Thanks for your input. Tried what you suggested but did not work. I decided to reload one of the machines and it works -- for now. And suddenly the other afternoon the problem cleared up the other 2. Very strange! We can't see anything that would have cause the problem to disappear like that.
Any case, all is well for now. Thanks for your input.

Have this problem a lot. Close access and reboot. Happens to me after a lot of data entry, etc. Also happens sooner if I am reprogramming anything in that database. Have tried free memory program, but, it doesn't help this problem. Would like a better solution, but haven't found one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back