Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out going emails not working outside network

Status
Not open for further replies.

meby

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
We have Exchange 2k on a Win2k box. I am using Microsoft Outlook as my email program. It's setup to connect to the Exchange server (not just POP3). When I send an email to another person on my domain is works perfectly. I can receive emails from anyone within or outside of the network. The problem is that if I try to send an email to someone outside of my metwork it doesn't work. I've tried sending an email to my yahoo account and I get nothing. In the past I've gotten replies from the server saying that my email has been delayed. Then it'd timeout and be rejected.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Check your SMTP virtual server to make sure that access to relay has been granted to any system that properly authenticates.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

I checked and that was checked as was Allow everyone to send.

What is the return error?

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Well, I can paste the actual denial message when it arrives. However, this is the delay message that I get:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

whomever@wherever.net

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Hey dude...this is a test
Sent: 10/4/2005 8:29 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'David Janakes' on 10/5/2005 11:02 AM
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
<HugoNOC.hugoschools.com #4.4.7>

Is the server listed as a local bridghead in the default SMTP Connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back