Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out Dial Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteStarMI

Vendor
Aug 21, 2003
US
Hello I’m trying to setup a customer courtesy phone. The idea is that a customer walks up hits an auto dial/speed dial button and it calls customer support center.

I’m able to setup an ADL 16 to the customer support number. There is 3 different numbers that they can choose from or I’d use hotline. But I need to block any other calls so people can’t use it to make personal calls.

I am rather new so if you can give me the load numbers that I need it would help a lot
Also is there a way so that the customers don’t have it press the intercom button before hitting the autodial button.

Sounds like you're using a multiline set...why not use 3 hotline keys. That way customers just push one button and your personal calls issue goes away. Otherwise you're into NCOS and FRL restrictions in loads 86, 87 and 90 to prevent personal calls outside your system.

personal calls issue doesn't go away even with Hotline Keys, unless you dont put any other Keys on the phone, like a SCR Key. just put the 3 HOTLINE KEY's and nothing else.

Thanks guys hotlines were the thing I needed.
I used LD18 to create a HTL list then added HOT L 00 - 05 keys to the 2616 phone. I was able to remove the SCR key and still use the hotline keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back