Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out call to PAGER ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabell

Technical User
Sep 5, 2002
US
Working with IP Office (Voicemail Pro -Intuity)

Voicemail pro
Start Point > Get Mail

Ip Office
User Service > Source numbers
defaults to V xxx (xxx being ext#)

V = allowing acces without prompts

We have been able to do it to an Outcall
to a cell , home or different office #
by doing it as follows;

P1212551515

But this just allows the user to log on when they
pick up the call ......

We would like to be able to do an outcall to a pager
for a service tech to be notified of Incoming Messages
can this be done with a short code
ie;
p121215551515******200#

* = 1 sec pause
and 200 being the digits sent to the pager ??

has anyone been able to do this using the Ip office

Pabell

User > Voicemail Tab

Voicemail E-mail Box

off - default

copy - cpoies to e-mail account

Forwards - Forwards to E-mail account and deletes
original from Server

Alert - send an e-mail message without attaching the
voicemail file ...can be used with pagers or
mobile telephones that support short message
sevices ...

other the this direction can there be any other options
out there ??

An out calling number can not have any pauses in it. But a Short code can. Create a short code with the number you want, then assign it to the ext's source number. But use a "," for the pause, not a"*".

Ok, I am a new IP Office user and I think it is a great system for our needs. I have been attempting to have our after hours tech 'paged' when a voice mail message is received. Just paged to a digital pager with a three digit code, that's all. From a phone, one would dial the pager number, wait for the prompt to input the number. Anyone successfully done this? If so, could someone post a 'step by step' HOWTO for Manager and VM Pro for this newbie? Thanks.

First off you need to create a short code that will out put your digits to the pager lets say the pager number is 026555123 and the three digit number to send to the pager is 111.

What I would do is make a shot code say *99 this is the number the system will dial to call the pager and send 111.

Under system short right click and enter new short code

Short Code = *99
Telephone Number=026555123D111#
Feature = Dial

The D means wait for answer and send DTMF I assume you need a # to complete the call.

Send this to the system merge.

Test it works by dialing *99 on any phone monitor this using call status. If it fails you may need to replace the D with “,” each , is a one second pause.

Once the *99 works next put the *99 into the source code of the user that you want to receive the pager notification from do it as follows right click Add P*99 save and merge.

Now goto Voice mail Pro manager and goto the user start point of the user you want the out dialing to work for and add a default Callback start point.

Save this and make live.

Now test again by leaving a message in the mail box see if this triggers an out dial by using call status.

Good luck

[cheers]

You were almost there in source numbers
you require the following
VXXX :- XXX- Extn No
P1212551515
V1212551515
this sets the users mobile as a secure location & will not require them to enter mailbox & password.
as an added bonus if you ring into a ddi thet route to Voicmail it will again take the caller direct to his mailbox instead of having to log on.

Thanks crashtest1000! Your 'step by step' worked great! I could not get the test procedure to work, so I went back to step one and discovered that I was preceding the pager telephone number with a 9 when I did not need to. Again, many thanks!

We have been using crashtest1000's solution which works great. Now we have the need to page two techs when a voice mail message is left. I have added another sourcenumber to the user profile but it only dials the first number in the list of sourcenumbers. Anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks! -RWD

I've tried the step by step method that crashtest1000 posted, but haven't been able to get the system to call the pager. I've tested the shortcode, and it works from any handset. I've created the default Callback start point in Voicemail, and I've added the "P*211" to the SouceNumbers tab in manager. Did I miss something? is there something else I should do?

Verify that generic outcalling is working for that user. Ie try setting his sourcednumber to P9[cellphone number] and troubleshoot that, as it sounds like you've done the shortcode right. Have you recorded an entry prompt for the first item in your callback start point?

I didn't have an entry prompt for Callback, but I do now. I tried changing her SourceNumber from P*211 (pager shortcode) to P9[cellphone], but that didn't seem to make any difference. Using CallStatus, I can see that once the voicemail is left in the mailbox, no outgoing call attempt is made. I feel like I'm so close, yet so far.

Does this user have a voicemail password set? How about a name recorded?

I suspect it's a simple matter of setting a PW.

Peter

Ok, I'm making progress now... I put in a VM Password, and the system now does a ringback to the extension, but not the pager. I've even removed the extension from SourceNumbers, but it still calls the extension. Should I even be using the Voicemail Ringback feature? What about Voicemail Email settings? I currently have Voicemail Email working and have it set to Copy.

Thanks everyone, without you guys, I would've had no hope of getting my IPO up and running.

Don't use voicemail ringback, it's annoying and has nothing to do with outcalling. Does the user have a name prompt recorded? Also, are you sure your callback startpoint is configured correctly? Does callback work for anyone on that system?

Peter

It's working! So it turns out that I never actually created a valid CallBack StartPoint. I read the step by step instructions given by crashtest1000, and my interpretation of "add a default Callback start point" was to enable Callback for the user, and the StartPoint's there by DEFAULT! I thought I was done - and after the last post I consulted the manual and found that I was missing the GetMail feature. Thanks for all of your help. I'm cured now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back