Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out all disabled TNs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dklimkow

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2016
CA
On an option 11, is there a way to out all disabled TNs? I have to manage a site that has never really been maintained very well, and there is a ton of disabled sets from the nightly routines that I'd just like to reclaim all DNs and remove all configuration from.

Would guess you could use the set inventory in LD 117 to get a list of types & TN's then just write yourself a simple script. Might want to be a bit careful with this as you may have faulty sets etc. that you do not want to delete.

The quick answer is no. Out them one at a time. But also make sure there aren't appearances of those DN's still in use.

The analogue sets will be difficult to deal with as they will always show IDLE when not in use.

As for the digital sets, you could be crafty and just move them first assuming that you have any non existent cabinets as this way it will be simple to move any back if they are meant to be kept.

If you only had a main and 1 expansion cabinet, then you could e.g. move a set from TN 4 0 to 34 0 etc. It all depends on what is already configured.

Also run the tool below to capture all the sets information in Excel format as a kind of snapshot for future references.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

@KCFLHRC That's what I figured.

@FirebirdScrambler Thanks, I've been using that tool already and it's been a tremendous help in trying to get a handle on the setup here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back