Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oulook express

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverlink

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
BE
I can't login to outlook express, it keeps asking for password but I can't remember it

Is there any way to retrieve my password?

Plzz, help, this is urgent!!

BTW, that's my password for my email account, not for my emailprofile

Contact the ISP ? [sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC! - Marc
[/sub]

Is there any other way

I got my own domain, but I can't reach the administrator

The one handling your account can reset it. Surely there must be a way to get a helpdesk or someone else. If only by mail, you can always try Hotmail. [sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC! - Marc
[/sub]

contact your mail isp and as long as you have your email adress they shoulds be able to help if you are having the same probs after getting this info remove your old emailaccount and readd it in outlook express you can do this this way
in outlook express
tools>
accounts>
delete the prob account (This wont lose your mail dont worry)
click on add>
click on mail>
in the next page display name type the name you want to be known as ie mine is sa1boy
click next
put your email address in ( everything from this stage on has to be small case)
click next
it then asks for your pop server adress put that in
ie ntl is
POP3
pop.ntlworld.com or 62.253.162.50
smtp.ntlworld.com or 62.253.162.40
click next
it will display your account name
type in your password
put a tick only in the remember password box
click next
click finish
close the internet accounts box and press send recieve you should be ok if not close outlook expres down open back up and remove the username and password and add it again in the two line s click ok and you will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back