Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM window size in 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wcmyers74

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2007
We upgraded our OTM 2.2 to TM 3.0.

The window viewing size is only 2 lines deep on searching telephones meaning you can only see 2 sets at a time. Anyone know how to make it bigger?

During a prestentatino of the new release, we saw a slide that showed it much bigger, say 5-6 lines long.

Check the Results per page?

Also make sure everythng has been Sync'd (retreive all for that site)

If it only thinks you have 2 sets, that is all it will show.

Yes, I understand that, but it will show 50 sets lets say, but you can only see it 2 lines at a time. If you scroll down, you can see the rest, it is just the window size is too small. It has nothing to do with the sync, this is just the viewing window size. Not the type of search or anything.

Odd.

I have Release 3.00.888 and do not have that issue.

Has this issue always been there or did it just start happening?

It has always been there since we upgraded from 2.2

(Sorry, my helpdesk personality just popped up...)

Silly suggestion, but maximize the browser window and check the resolution of your screen. You should be able to get at least 20 shown at a time (at least I think 20 is the default)

We have checked both the browser window, etc. Our vendor doesn't have a clue about it. I have searched Nortel's website and can't find anything. It does the same thing on the server its on and any other machine we use. We were thinking about reloading TM to see if that fixes it.

I use a company called ISI (800-326-6183) for support of my TM products. They know the ins and outs of everything.

My switch vendor does not know didily about it as well.

Ok, thank you. I will try them.

Well, they wouldn't help us because we are not customers even though we paid for their software, that makes me mad. Anyway, we figured this out. You have to adjust the screen settings on the server itself. I still don't understand that, but we did it and it works.

Thanks for the help.

Your problem is related to an incorrect configuration of your IE properties. Please follow all the steps in the NTPs. I think that the problem was related to Java applets in the advanced options. Please disable the option and also make sure that your Java version is the same as the one described in the NTPs

wcmyers,
Can you tell me what setting you changed on the server.

Ok, we finally figured this out. How strange!

we had to change the screen vewing size on the server video settings. We had to go directly to the server, it doesn't work if you do remotely.

ISI couldn't help this person because they do not have the Support agreement with them. ISI does not sell TM or OTM but they will support it.

Stockman16: Please stop posting this on every Thread, Just start your own Thread and then someone might answer you.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back