Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM vs. Windows 2000 Server SP4 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanYsidro

Technical User
Aug 17, 2004
US
I'm about to downloas the MS Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 onto my OTM server & am wondering if anyone else running OTM has experienced any problems once the updates were done. I never use OTM myself to do my changes but do keep the data base current in the event I decide to leave this position. What a mess I inherited when I first got here...

I have loaded Windows SP 4 with OTM several dozen times and never had a problem. You might want to achieve if your not sure, ( I never have ) because if you don't you will not be able to go back to SP3

i've put Win2k SP4 on both my OTM 2.1 boxes and neither of them has had any problems.

Thanks Ted & Draxis. I tread lightly when it comes to upgrading OS on any server and learned that the hard way. Your experience/wisdom is much appreciated!

Hi,

OTM 2.0 and below are not compatible with SP4.

You can install SP4 after you have installed OTM 2.0 or below. But if you try to install OTM 2.0 or below on a SP4 system it will not install

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Glad you brought that up - We run OTM 2.1, so we're safe. I do have all of the documentation so I can look it up, but is there a built-in utility for backup?

Answer to last question about backup. Yes there is.

From Navigator screen, Utilities / backup.
choose a "single system" (or site in more than one system)
highlight the system to backup / next
choose all, next
Browse / choose location ( I prefer desktop, that I can find)/save / next / finish /ok

Note: You cannot restore a backup from a different release. So if you have a 2.1 backup (i.e.) you cannot restore is to a 2.2 machine.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Ted

You Rock! Backup is a snap...I feel a little more confident with the SP4 upgrade. Many many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back