Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM vs. TTY (2002p2 LNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherminator82

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2010
GB
Hi All,

I have a fairly newbie question i'm afraid, which i think maybe more a software issue.

When creating a 1120E set and a 2002p2 set on OTM, i set both to LNA allowed and LNRS of 12. When i transmit the settings, no errors occur and both are successful changes. If i go back into the sets, both show the above setting as being allowed. If however, i then check in the TTY, the 1120e is set to LNA, but the 2002p2 is still set to LND. If i make the change in TTY, the DN key can then be used for last number redial.

The main issue being that i have taken over a site that has a lot of 2002p2 phones, some of which are still created and i would like to be able to delegate the use of OTM - but not if when you make the setting, it isn't applying.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

you should look at the login window ans see what it's doing in the TTY.....

Save yourself the headache and do everything in TTY as much as you can.

I couldn't agree more....so just one last question. I currently have 178 2002p2 phones created, is there a quick way to set LNA for all of the sets, or do i have to individually CHG each TNB??

Unfortunately you have to do the CLS changes to each TN individually. If you're familiar with scripting using Procomm, it can be done that way which will save you a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back