Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM validation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric1911

Technical User
Dec 21, 2007
US
When trying to add a new extension through OTM on an existing (1000E), half-full analog card, I get the response: Unable to validate TN.

It happens on several cards.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ric C.

In the Station Administration..click on the {Option} tab pick Global Preferences and under {Validation} un-check both the DN and TN.

I finally got a chance to try that. Yes, it does allow me to complete the information, however, when I try to synchronize it, it looks like it's going, but it stays on "NEW".

Any further ideas?

Thanks.

Ric

If you check the synchronization log, it will give you information on why the synchroniazation fails, normally an error code from the meridian. This is normally as you are trying to create a DN that is already in use or use a TN that is already in use. These problems are generally caused by OTM trying to create things based on its databse of the system, which has got out of synch with the meridians database. 9 times out of 10, a sync all from the meridian to OTM resolves the issue.

I checked the sync log, as suggested. It states:

Could not be NEWed after 2 tries.

SCH3292 Invalid card density keyword

I do not know what an invalid card density keyword is....

Thanks.

Ric

Have You tried Retrieve, Synchronize All, to get the Meridian and OTM back in sync yet

I will try those tomorrow.

Thanks, folks..............

Ric

Synchronize, retrieve, all, did the trick.......

Thanks again......

Ric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back