Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburdan1182002

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
CN
I need to program two private lines on two empty keys on one set/ extension number. The error that pops -up states that they are invalid DN's and that they do not appear on the "Numbering Plan or Site".

On the OTM I've gone to:

files- properties-customer 0-properties and then Numbering Plan(list)

but I cannot add these private line DN's, the "Add" button appears in gray and not black letter. Please advise on how to resolve this, would appreciate it very much.

you need to add the trunks first, use atdn xxxx with the vacant dn, that will give your pvr dn's in otm.. i don't use otm so i can't help with adding them in that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In OTM your Customer set up. Go to your numbering plan. The DNs you use for private numbers need to be in that list as part of your numbering plan. If you have troubles with that then log into your switch and manually enter as PVRs on the appropriate key. OTM will prevent you from doing a lot of fast/easy changes if your Customer Data/numbering plan is incomplete.

i went to hyperterminal and programmed the two pvr's on the set then checked to make they were in route 31 because he wants to dial out on them

the frustrating part with OTM is that it does not let you add or delete from the customer numbering plan.

You can adjust it, but it is a pain in the neck. I try not to have to have anything to do with OTM but the customer wants non-techs to be able to do adds/moves and changes.

when making changes to that you need to close all OTM windows except the Main OTM navigator window and DBA if you have it. Then make the change.

It's only dialtone-VZ

You otta stick with the hyper terminal, and dump OTM. It's not worth the box they package it in!

thanks vztech...now i know for the future.

I agree with Eddie...i wish i could dump OTM but management thinks it is the greatest thing since canned beer.

That's why they are managers and not techs! Probably couldn't work their way out of the box OTM came in!

OTM is great! keeps me employed :)

Nortel never makes anything easy

It's only dialtone-VZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back