Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM or SwitchView

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone have thoughts on going with OTM verse Switchview for network management? I am looking at both but I am not convinced that SwitchView will give me what I need to support IP Telephony in the future and I will end up running both OTM and SV anyway.
I would like to manage everything with one app and I'm thinking OTM will be the only solution that will do that for me.
Pros and cons of either one would be appreciated.

Just installed a switch in Nassau with OTM. good for mamanagement of telephone system, me I prefer to hyper terminal and do it the old fashioned way. If you have seen MAT in action, OTM is an updated version.

YOU GOT YOURSELF A CHOICE OF TWO EVILS,NEITHER ONE WORTH A DARN

A word of caution - the local air-heads at nt recently said that in the future there would be certain features that would only be accessible via OTM. Now, that could be a sales pitch or just a frightener. Your choice.

I've used switchview in a former life (pre y2k) and understand it was both expencive and hard to upkeep. It will do the job provided you have the needed modules... I have no knowledge on the other product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back