Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM - Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovilleneuve

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Hi guys,

i need help once again with my mailbox system. I'm using Meridian Mail VT220 - Release 2.20.

I'm not able to pass through the "Connect 9600" thing. I start the Meridian Mail console, i'm able to see:
ATZ
OK
ATZ0
OK
ATDT(phone number)
CONNECT 9600

I would normally hit "CTRL+R" here but it won't let me do anything. I didn't get any "No Carrier" yet. My modem is well responding otherwise i think i wouldn't be reading "Connect 9600" right?

We didn't change anything since a while on the telephony system tho. We added 2 cards a couple of months ago but been able to manage mailbox as well after that.

I'm not very used with that kind of system but if you can give me some advices it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

No, i'm not connected to any kind of switch it's directly.

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Most installs I have seen have an A/B switch one side is for the local terminal and the other is for the modem. It looks like you are connecting to the modem but the A/B switch was left on the local side. Just a thought.

i'm gonna give a quick check this afternoon
thanks for the advice
i'll give a report asap

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

sorry about that guys, i'm a hard time to shoot some configurations on my phones also. It seems like there's a problem with some communications. i.e: if i try to change something on a phone and then to shoot the config, the log window shows up and closes the second after; no time for the config to pass.

If i take a look a the log window in the tab: Synchronize - Transmit - Log - View: i see:

Starting Station Transmit on 2009-07-06 at 08:40:37
Login Name: admin Task ID: 1246884032
Connection to switch could not be established

******************* Summary *********************
NEW 0
CHG 0
RPL 0
OUT 0
Failed 0
Skipped 0
_______
Total 0

Finished Station Transmit on 2009-07-06 at 08:40:38
Login Name: admin Task ID: 1246884032

See, it took one second for the config to shutdown.

Any clue?

Thanks

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

it seems that the problem with the meridian mail was related to that A/B switch indeed. a cable was unpluggued for some reason .. maybe de internet access provider came in the servers room and untied it .. anyway, it's working now. and they're also working on the fact that "Connection to switch ..."

thanks guys

Bruno Villeneuve
Network/IT Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back