Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM affecting SML (with Genesys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaimegu

MIS
Jun 4, 2002
CA
Hi There!
(different site than the other post)
We have 81C CPPII in Rls 25.40 and we have OTM 2.0. We experience some problems in SML (some services going down) when OTM captures traffic reports from meridian and we experience real high traffic. What can be done to solve this issue?.

elan clan LAN |
81C---+--SML------Tserver----|
|--OTM-------------------|

You might want to have your vendor check with Nortel, but I believe this should be a supported configuration.

It sounds like the ethernet connection to the 81C is being hit with more traffic that it can handle. You might consider reprogramming the switch to send the traffic data out a TTY port to a serial connection. You could either connect the serial connection to an available COM port on the OTM server or to a buffer box (ie. MDR-2000) that OTM would collect from on a regular basis.

SML: Symposium Meridian Link... We implemented only this services to work with Genesys Tservers

Oh! we call it MLS as per NTPs, this is first time I have read SML thats why I asked.
Anyway, your connectivity looks normal. Do u have all the MDCS patches installed in your 81C as well as OTM and SCCS PEPs in your servers?

We should have those patches installed, at least in 81C but I really don't know. Could you provide me the references?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back