Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTM Advise/Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1M1

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB

Guys, have OTM centrally and serving 2 other remote switches. Now the problem I am getting is that OTM has decided not to connect via 'System Terminal' to one of the swtiches some weeks ago and now It's decided not to connect to the other.

The strange think is that all other OTM background functions are working and I am able to Ping to the switches
but not 'System Terminal'?

Any ideas Please?

Cheers!!

silly question....did the user name and password correct and please see the settings also

Nothing has changed on that front?
Cheers!!

logon the CS, from > prompt type WHO, see if OTM is logon onto the system serveral times, if so that's your problem, to many sessions. To correct INIT CS.

SL1M1 I just saw your post. Strangely enough I'm getting that exact problem. Hot walker57, I did do a who on the system and I saw multiple instances of the OTM PC's IP address. Isn't there an easier way that Init the system to solve the problem?

install p20109 and reload switch is the cure....

Hmm I wonder if this is why I can't change the passwords in my sites? When I hit apply OTM gives me a couple of errors and shuts down

Seems like I've highlighted a common problem here.

I was advised, especially on small CS that it maybe wise to configure 2 or 3 PTY Ports, but if it's a patch then that would probably explain as my OTM is not patched.

I'v got another problem with trying to Upload CorpDirectory without success and I've given up on that one for now.

To patch the OTM is it the same as PEP's, just download from the Nortel site ? if access is allowed that is.

Cheers you OTM Guru's for your input/s

If you have several login fro OTM TTY when you enter who in the system terminal you can enter Forc TTY Number example: Forc 5 to logout the session on tty 5 instead of Init the system

Looking at remote site TTY's all Enabled and Pseudo Ports DSBL ready for connectivity ?

I can Ping in LD 117 to the PABX's via Cisco (VPN network)
successful and can Ping from OTM to IP Addresses for PABX ELAN/s, the other thing is OTM can carry out it's other functons i.e. Station Retrieve etc to remote PABX's

This must be something silly or indeed patches.

Confused, I know I am!!

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back