Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OTG DiskXtender 3.0 and Windows 2000 Sever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbass01

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
US
Can anyone tell me if OTG DiskXtender v3.0 will run on Windows 2000 server? I have an old copy and a jukebox I would like to use. It worked fine with NT v4.0.

Any help is appreciated!

Keith

Isn't that rather old?

Check with Legato since they took it over.

David,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is an older version, but I have the software and jukebox and it is a temporary application that I want to use it on so I hope to use what I have. This will be installed at another location so I want to verify it will work before shipping the equipment and software. Legato does not support the older version (without upgrading) and won't offer any information. I know the software worked fine on NT 4 because we used the JB with this operating system and I suspect it will with 2000, but just hope someone can verify it.

Thanks,

Keith

I was thinking about this and see a potential problem in the difference between the NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 drivers. I would test it out before shipping it. One other option is to send it with an NT 4.0 server. Even a low end desktop system will run NT 4.0 fine, and stick in a couple of good size IDE drives and you should be good to go.

David,

Thanks again for the reply. I contacted a few OTG resellers to verify if it will work, hopefully they will reply.

Thanks Again,

Keith

Keith,
try this link...
It has several drivers, documents, Tools and Utilities, Contacts and Information, and other good information about the Pioneer DRM-5004X Jukebox.

"The CD drives are recognised as SCSI standard drives by Windows 2000 and Windows XP, but the changer hardware is not identified. This means that, in the absence of a hardware driver, the Windows Removable Storage Manager subsystem cannot be used to control the changer.

None of the Pioneer or 3rd-party management utilities below seem to work under Windows 2000 or later operating systems.

The Linux device and media management subsystem MTX is reputed to recognise and control the changer hardware without too much additional tweaking. One report suggests that the 2.2.x Linux kernel probably interfaces with the changer rather better than the current 2.4.x kernel, though.
"

I also replied to your last post, but for some reason they seem to have been deleted (yours, mine, plus the other two). Anyway, I hope this helps answer your question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back