Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OT: Software Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

naiku

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
US
Sorry for the off topic post, but I am struggling to find anywhere else to ask this (If admin/mods feel this is against terms please go ahead and delete topic).

So onto my question, can anyone recommend any software program that I can use to keep an inventory of my items? A little background is that I buy and sell all sorts of things, I want some software that will allow me to print labels for these items and needs to include (at a minimum) item, item description, buying price and selling price.

I don't mind if its free or if I have to pay for it, but am struggling to find anything on Google which has what I need. Thanks.

Why not use Microsoft Access

You can store the infomation into the table, and create a Form using the Form wizard (if you must) to create the layout of the Label you wish.

Hope that helps

Yep i'll agree with CBradshaw here, just get a copy of MS Access and you can then keep all the details stored in there, then just create a report that prints onto the label paper.

It'll take a bit of work to get it up and running but once its done it'll make life simple simon.

Rob

Thanks for both the replies, it's what I went for in the end. I already have experience with MS Access and so have 99% of a database up and running already.

Thanks again.

If you don't want to spring for the cost of MS Access, the Open Office suite ( is free and has pretty much everything that MS Office has, including a spreadsheet and database compatible with Excel and Access.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back