Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSX Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provax

Vendor
Feb 8, 2016
IR
Hello Dears,
I install OSX SM and OSX MLC on virtual machines, But the MLC doesn't appear in OSX SM. How I can find the problem?
Please tell me what you need to help me!
Thanks

The MLC has to find the System Manager. First make sure you can ping the SM from the MLC. If that's okay, then check to ensure the MLC is actually reaching out to the SM. The SM address should be on the MLC under /var/mlc/SMpriorityList.cfg. Should be one line that looks like:
0;90;UNKNOWN;192.168.1.200
Just replace the 192.168.1.200 with your SM IP.
Start the MLC, logged in as root, using /etc/init.d mlc start
Depending on your version, the MLC may tell you if it doesn't see the SM.
Command ps -ef will tell you what processes are running.
Beyond these suggestions, you should check the OSX Service Manual for the full MLC configuration and maybe start from scratch. With VMware, once you get one working, it's not too much hassle to clone it a few times and then make them separate MLC's.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Dear LoPath,
I checked my settings many times. Am I have install sudo package?
I attach all my settings files. Please look and correct them if have problem.
Link
My Xpert has bellow specs:
- Version: OSX v6
- SM IP adress: 192.168.1.40
- MLC IP address: 192.168.1.41

Many Thanks

I don't think you have to install Sudo or libpam-cracklib, but they are recommended for security reasons. You do need to install PDNSD and the MLC packages.
Check your MLC log files in /var/mlc. That may shed some light on the problem.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Dear LoPath,
In our OSX system, all parts were connected, SM, MLC and Client. How can I connect OSX to OS4K?
Please write OS4K AMOs and OSX Configurations.

Thanks.

Each line you want to use on your MLC's will need to register to a SIP extension on the OS4K. Sorry Provax, but you're asking too much for someone to tell you how to do it. If you're a vendor, you should know how to do it or at least have the reference materials to guide you. The manual for OSX tells you how to do some of that already.

LoPath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back