Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ospf on ios 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxmacman

Technical User
Apr 3, 2007
GB
hi
firstly sorry if this ids the wrong place to post this.

i currently have a small home lab set up. i'm trying to start ospf, however it will not run on 2 of the 1600 routers i have. they are on ios 11.2.

when i go through the command using the ? after the command the router ospf is listed there but when i go to start it is says 'Unknown routing protocol'

conf t
router ospf 10
Unknown routing protocol

no other routing protocols are running.

is this an ios issue? it seem ok on the other routers i have running ios 12 and above.

thanks
for any help.
chris

I'd say first off just to upgrade the IOS. If you are looking to use the lab for certification study, you will want to be running a 12. code.

Chris

There is a software called IOSHunter. They offer a free version of this software that limits you to older images. You can download a lot of IOS images with this thing, up to 12.2 and sometimes 12.3 If you want to pay 60$ for it then you have access to some 12.4 images as well..which is good right?
Good luck, keep practising, above all have fun man!:)

fresh CCNA

thought as much!

thank you so much for the info.

huge thanks for ioshunter ! that seems to be great.

i'm only using the 1600's for routing table practice and testing but to be on ios 12 is now great.

an ios upgrade for me next would be superb!

cheers,
chris

Funny thing about the IOS Hunter...
If you capture packets, you see what ftp servers it queries...wonder what happens when you go to said ftp site yourself...

Already tried that lol. We networkers think the same eh?:)Anyway, the ftp access is password protected and I am not a craker.

fresh CCNA

Not all those ftp sites...only when you get a result, because I don't think IOS Hunter can crack either...hint hint..;)

Burt

I think IOSHunter has an account on any of the sites it tries to download from. I am not sure how the protocol performs the authentication, maybe the challenge system. More than this I can't speculate:)

fresh CCNA

I have been successful in finding anonymous FTP's...

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back