Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSPF Bad Checksum Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenninbe

Instructor
Jan 28, 2002
US
We have several point-to-point T1 connections to our remote facilities. Each of these sites are connected via 1600 series routers. We have OSPF running between all routers with different Areas for each of the remote sites.
I just started reviewing network statistics and noticed several OSPF errors that are being logged on all of the routers. The error "%OSPF-4-ERRRCV: Received invalid packet: Bad Checksum" shows up several times an hour from different routers.

I have looked on the support site and replace cables, switches, etc. to try and resolve the problem, but it still occurs. Have even tried using different ports on the routers.

Any thoughts?

The only other steps left are to install a cross over cable to remove the switch and or to replace/swap the interface on the router. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

The only reason that I haven't tried the crossover between the routers is because about 6 routers are connected across 3 different switches. All of these routers are showing this error.

Well, finally found the problem. It was hardware related after all. 2 out of the 3 switches were loosing packets through their fiber modules.

Thanks Jeter

NO Problem I'm glad you figured it out. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back