Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSPF and other Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipersbaby

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
US
can someone tell me a good place to learn about some of the protocols used on routers (OSPF, BGP, IPX, IS-IS)? I used mostly RIP but I would like to learn more about the others.

Thanks
vipersbaby

I agree that the Cisco Website is an awesome place for learning about routing/routed protocols and their details. Depending on your level of knowledge you might also want to try doing a simple Google search on protocols you wish to learn about as well. You might find some more basic and/or user friendly information there. Cisco's website can be difficult at times when it comes to finding information. On the new Cisco site you can find configuration and command reference information by pulling down to the bottom of the web page and clicking on the Technical Documentation link. Look for the configuration guides for IP routing protocols. You'll have to look around a bit to find it, but there's a wealth of information there.

p01nt
MCSE CCNP CCDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back