Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSPC (New IP Console)

Status
Not open for further replies.

esch1004

Vendor
Dec 17, 2008
US
I am working on a new install of OSPC which is the replacement for IP Soft Console. I have it mostly working, but am trying to import the phone book from a file and am having trouple. If anyone has done this and would be good enough to send me an example of the .csv and ctrl.txt files it would be greatly appreciated.

The only method that they describe involves exporting your extensions and names from the PBX using ASA, and importing them directly.

The instructions (what little there is of them) is VERY particular about the format of the .csv file you're creating. You'd need to export the information from the PBX, open it in an editor (like an Excel spreadsheet) that can limit the data to the information required, save as a .csv and then import to OSPC. It's a very annoying process.

If you happen to have a network LDAP available, I can help you with connecting OSPC to that. It took me DAYS, but I finally got it working.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Thanks. I did finally get the data import to work, but it took an upgrade of the software and some manual data manipulation. The documentation is more wrong than right. Even if you export from ASA, the data is all in the wrong order.

In any event, I can only import 3 fields. I can use any 3, but it will bomb if you try to add a forth to the _ctrl.txt file.

If you have any information on populating the phonebook via LDAP that would be a better way to go. Most companies already use Active Directory and that should have the e-mail and maybe even title and department info which are useful in the phonebook.

Yeah. I got it working. Took quite a bit to get it going. I suppose I should write up a "how-to". It's not very obvious.

Their instructions get you 85% of the way there. You have to guess the rest.

Have you wrote up your "how to" on this yet. I'm dying for a little assistance here.

PhoneLady

Oops. Sorry.

Haven't had much time lately. (up to my chin in projects.)

I'll do my best to get this finished shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back