Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSN phone and Message Waiting Light 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobber1

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
US
Question, my fellow techs:
I have a OSN phone that intercepts 911 calls. The phone is a 3903 and has a NON-DID number on KEY 0 MARP'd. KEY 1 is designated as the OSN key.
Is it possible to have the message waiting light flash when this phone intercepts the call? This way my security guard can more easily and readily see it?

I did turn on MWK and make KEY 16 MWK TO KEY 0. Which when I call the number directly the light does flash.

For kicks, I added on KEY 2 AND 3 MIK/MCK. Of course they won't see this without hitting the shift key...but hey. I'll try anything.

Any ideas/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

mik and mck are used at a station level to turn lights on and off. years back i had a simular problem and used a telecode relay that latched to keey a lamp on until security turned it off. your going to need a seconday lamp and locking device.. it wouldn't be that hard to build one with a few transistors or chips, but i don't know of one on the market.. i would send an analog copy of that dn to something to give me ring voltage to trigger a lamp battery.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks JP, this feature is more for the guard to stay alert. Wasn't sure what else to do. If it can't be done without building something; that's fine, also.

if that's all you need run analog ringer leads to his coffee cup, that tends to keep security awake.. they can answer the phone when they get up off the floor.. a loud ringer on a analog might work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

YOUR KILLIN' ME...though that probably would work.[thumbsup]

JP,
I like your style...[2thumbsup] When I grow up I want to be just like you...Thanks for your contributions and happy holidays.

thanks, if you strive to be like me, i made a one mistake. i don't remember as a child wanting to be wrinkled and slow, but that's pretty much what happened.. better the cold and blue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back