Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

osCommerce SESSION var problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott3

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
CA
I have been trying to figure out this problem with sessioin variables all day... this is really the firt time ive looked at oscommerce but I am snapping it in among sections of a website..

What I need to be able to do is to simply create a session variable in a page within the 'store' driectory and and access that session variable outside of the 'store' directory... it doesn't seem to be straight forward??? If anyone can shed any light I would really appreciate it.

CES

>>Generally, when I was modifying OSCommerce to suit my purposes, I used a text editor that could search multiple files on a filesystem

sorry.

I use UltraEdit. It has the ability to search a group of files on a filesystem for a piece of text or a regular expression describing what I'm looking for.

I found that feature very helpful when trying to learn the ins and outs of OSCommerce, particularly when trying to figure out where a function was invoked, a constant was defined, or an object or variable was defined.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

K... thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep looking.

You've helped me out quite a few times in the past and I appreciateit.

Take care..

CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back