Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oscommerce and cc processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aTrrak

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2005
RO
hi folks, nice to be here, I hope I can find some answers here... as well as maybe help others if possible.
Now about the question part, I want to open an online shop using oscommerce as an interface and I need some suggestion on what credit card processor to use. If you are going to suggest paypal, please don't bother because I've already tried that and it's not available for my country (eastern-european country). If anyone has any suggestion, please don't hesitate to let me know. I would really appreciate any kind of help! Thanks again.

Speak to your bank to find out if they have any card payment processing schemes for ecommerce.

For instance, in the UK at least, HSBC have quite a handy scheme available that can be built into online stores. They provide modules for some commercial software.

I know there is an HSBC module available for OsCommerce and ZenCart.

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Toccoa Games - Day of Defeat gaming community
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
"I'm making time

I'm not arguing with that, but as far as I know HSBC only works in the UK... since I'm from eastern Europe there may be a problem with this. So far I've been using ikobo as processor with OSCommerce as the shopping cart. I'm considering adding more payment options and perhaps switching to zencart since they also recently released support for ikobo.

How about WorldPay or YowCow?

I wasn't necessarily saying to use HSBC. I was saying ask your bank - whoever that may be - if they offer any services that may help you. Having a bank behind your processing encourages user confidence.

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Toccoa Games - Day of Defeat gaming community
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
"I'm making time

I know what you mean, but my bank, whichever that may be, isn't so much into this merchant account thing so I'm pretty sure I won't have any luck there. I'll give it a try regardless, but I think I already know the result of that. I know a bank encourages a possible customer to complete the transactions, but seeing as though my bank is from an eastern European country I think I may be better off with ikobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back